While permission for non-commercial educational and scientific use of files is often granted without charge (see #6, below), permission must still be in writing from Naturesongs.com. By "Non-commercial" we mean that the project in which you'll use our files will be free of any financial motive. Whether the organization or project is for-profit, non-profit, or not-for-profit is immaterial. If your organization is raising money for environmental or scientific causes, please e-mail us for a determination. All other uses of our files will incur a licensing fee, as follows:
1. "Download Single-Use License" - files downloaded from our pages without editing or alteration required by Naturesongs.com: $35.00 per file per license. Licenses generally are for a single use, meaning on a single URL, single run of a play or other production, or single other artistic endeavor. This license does not allow the purchaser to reproduce the file for sale or to use the file on other applications than the one granted in the license. Contact Naturesongs by clicking below for further information or to see if your use falls under this licensing fee.
2. "Download Unlimited Use License" - files downloaded from our pages without editing or alteration required by Naturesongs.com: $50.00 per file, per license. These licenses are issued for unlimited use (but not sale), sub-licensing, or reproduction (except as necessary to use per the license agreement). files thus licensed can be used in any number of URLs, productions, or other endeavors, as long as the end product remains under the direct control of the licensee. This license does not allow the purchaser to reproduce the file for sale or to use the file on other applications than the one granted in the license.
3. "Download Third-Party User License" - files downloaded from our pages without editing or alteration required by Naturesongs.com: $75.00 per file, per license. This license is granted to web designers, presentation contractors, and others who will not be the end users, but who are producing an application for a third party's use. Naturesongs.com must know the specific end use of the file prior to issuing a license. These licenses are "single-use" only licenses. This license does not allow the purchaser or the end user to reproduce the file for sale or to use the file on other applications than the one granted in the license.
4. "Unlimited Download License" - files downloaded from our pages without editing or alteration required by Naturesongs.com: $125.00 per file, per license. These licenses give the licensee non-exclusive ownership of a copy of the file, to do with as he or she pleases. The file may be reproduced, sold, or altered as the licensee sees fit. This license is non-exclusive, meaning that other licensees may also hold such rights to the same file.
5. "Custom File License" - These licenses cover files that are customized by Naturesongs.com for the licensee. We can create a custom file or set of files for your use from our large library of natural sound files. Fees for and conditions of these licenses will be negotiated by you and us in writing. We can supply you with custom files on data or music CD, Cassette Tape, or as computerized files in a wide range of formats. Please write to us by clicking on the e-mail button below to inquire about custom files and licensing.
6. Educational, Institutional, Scientific and Governmental Uses - Institutions and commercial organizations that we feel are providing valuable public education or conservation functions, such as zoological gardens, public museums, schools, conservation and scientific organizations, local Audubon Societies, birding clubs, and governmental agencies will be given reduced pricing or free use and additional assistance. Requests for files and services for these organizations need to be in writing. Please give us a clear understanding of your mission and operations when you contact us.
7. All other uses and situations need to be discussed in detail with Naturesongs.com and license or permission granted in writing prior to using any file from our pages.
8. Any unauthorized use of files from Naturesongs.com's pages is a violation of United States Copyright law.
9. No license issued by Naturesongs.com is transferable to any other party without the express, written permission of Naturesongs.com. Naturesongs.com reserves the sole right to decide which parties and which uses are acceptable and will be granted licenses. Please write to us by clicking below if you have any questions at all about our licensing procedures.
10. All licensees, paid or unpaid, must display or announce our copyright notice when using our files. Copyright notices should read as follows: "Sounds (or Images, or Text) used are copyrighted to Naturesongs.com, 1999 (or 2000, etc.)". All web pages which use our files must also provide a link to our home page (http://www.naturesongs.com) somewhere on their site.
E-Mail us: email@example.com